SAFETY FIRST, SAFETY ALWAYS.
Our safety culture and initiatives together with working practices to BS OHSAS 18001:2007, have enabled us to maintain consistently high standards at locations worldwide. As Lost Time Incidents (LTI’s) are one of the industry’s primary key performance indicators, below are some of our recent safety milestones:-
- Over 6 million manhours executed without an LTI on Sakhalin 2 LNG Plant on behalf of the Chiyoda led joint venture, CTSD, for the Shell led developer, SEIC.
- Over 5 million manhours executed without an LTI on AGD II Project, Abu Dhabi on behalf of Eastern Bechtel for GASCO
- 2.3 million manhours executed to date without an LTI on O2 Pearl, Effluent Treatment Plant, Qatar on behalf of O2 Pearl for Qatar Shell
- Over 6 million manhours executed in total to date without an LTI on various projects across the Tengiz Field, Kazakhstan
- 1 million manhours delivered on the CCR Plataforming site in Mexico without an LTI
- Over 11 million manhours executed in Russia without an LTI
Our 2011 safety achievements included:-
- The second lowest accident frequency rate in Kentech's history (number one being in 2009)
- The lowest number of first aid cases in Kentech's history
- The lowest number of recordable accidents in Kentech's history
- Zero lost time incidents
- Zero fatalities
Additionally, an equally recognised KPI is the Accident Frequency Rate which Kentech have continuously improved over the last 10 years. This is further evidence of the effectiveness of the Health & Safety programmes Kentech have instigated and maintained over the years.