OLEFINS II, M3 CONTRACT, KUWAIT
This contract provided electrical, instrumentation and HVAC works for the M3 Utilities portion of Olefins II Petrochemical Complex. The Olefins II petrochemical plant is a joint venture between DOW Chemicals & Petrochemical Industries, Kuwait.
The scope of works included the following elements for the Sulphur Recpvery Unit (SRU) plus associated substation, Flare Area and OBSL.
- Procurement and installation of cable ladders/trays.
- Procurement and installation of low voltages and high voltage cables in cable trays/trenches.
- Procurement and installation of fiber optic cables.
- Procurement and installation of instrumentation cables in cable trays and rigid conduits.
- Installation of IT cables.
- Installation and testing of power transformers, HV & LV switch gear, MCC's, UPS, distribution panels, batteries, etc.
- Field installation of all instruments, control valves, transmitters, switches, temperature elements, pressure gauges, temperature gauges, safety relief valves, orifice plates, gas detectors. Prior to the field installation, all instruments were tested and calibrated in Kentech's local calibration workshop.
- Installation of control system equipments.
The HVAC contract included the design, procurement, installation and commissioning of the HVAC system for the SRU Substation.
This award was a major milestone for Kentech's Middle East operations and was the first contract award for Kentech in Kuwait. The project was successfully completed in 2008 having expended over 150,000 manhours without a lost time incident.
Kentech's quality workmanship on this contract then led to the commission to provide HVAC services at the Ethyl Benzene Syrene Monomer Plant on the same site.
Back to case studies